Tag: Seven Obscure Things You Didn't Know About Me


I did one of these tags in May (click here if you’d like to read that one), but when my friend Debbie of the CozyCottage and TwiceUponATime blogs sent the tag my way this week I thought, what the heck. Let’s see if I can come up with seven more weird facts from my eccentric little existence.

(And no, I won’t blame you if you nod off. :)
  1. I often drive to and from work listening to audio-books. My recent favorites are PG Wodehouse’s Jeeves series and also his “Uncle Dynamite” CD set. His sense of humor has me giggling out loud in the car. I can only imagine what my fellow-commuters must think.
  2. When I was 11, I was so inspired by my Nancy Drews, I wrote a mystery novel of my own. It was called Key to the Blue Moon. And while looking back on it, though it’s hardly a publisher’s dream, it was great writing experience trying to develop a full-length story line.
  3. I am learning to paint, and have taken two classes at the Carnegie Museum of Art. I’ve enjoyed the classes, but one of the most interesting aspects of the experience, I’ve felt, is getting to be in the museum at night, after hours. It’s surreal to venture to the classroom and pass by things like parts of animal skeletons, or taxidermy animals along the way. We had the entire art gallery to ourselves one night. I spent a few peaceful hours getting to copy one of Monet’s Waterlilies paintings.
  4. I’m an only child. I often think, particularly at holidays, how nice it would be to have some brothers and sisters. But then again, if I had had siblings, I doubt I’d have spent so much time growing up writing stories. Things do balance out, don’t they?
  5. I love black olives. I just don’t know what it is. In fact, you know how at Christmas sometimes you’d get an apple or orange in the ol’ stocking? Me, I’d get a can of pitted gigantic Black Pearl olives. Talk about obscure, right?
  6. I really like the color fuschia-- it seems to have so much zing-- but I just can’t wear it because it looks glaringly bright with my red hair. I don’t want to scare the locals.
  7. Spring is my absolute favorite time of year. There’s just something so marvelous to me about the longer days, the slant of the sun, the renewed chirping of birds and the atmosphere of possibility as the plants begin to bud. Spring feels like my reward for persevering through winter.

Well, that’s it! More minutia than you’d ever care to know, I’m sure.

If you haven’t stopped by this week’s feature blog post, “Dish and Dish-honesty” you might wish to pop over there... Click here.

Otherwise, I hope you’ll have yourself a rewarding week!

0 comments: