Treasure Box Wednesday: Signs of Spring with Thrift Store Decor


Spring! I tend to approach Spring like Tigger on a caffeine high-- I love it, and my enthusiasm cannot be contained. So it's not any wonder I've been having some fun noodling around with my dining table and mantle again, giving it the ol' Spring Treatment.

Each year, I try to do something different, and wouldn't you know it?-- It was some thrift store finds that inspired me this go-around!

I mean, gosh, here almost everything you see is from one of my beloved thrift stores...


From the pretty vintage tablecloth in pink, aqua, green and blue, to the McCoy pot, and the swirly pink glass cups...


(I'm not done setting the table yet, but was just trying to get a feel for how things might be. Consider these just Coming Attractions... Hopefully, it'll get a little better).

Then on the mantle, I believe you're familiar with the $4 Goodwill candlestick lamps...


This cheery cottagey birdcage seemed so perfect for spring. This was a Red White and Blue Thrift Store purchase around Christmastime...


And inside? Two fluffy bluebirds. They're actually Christmas ornaments I got on sale at Michael's. So no-- not thrift store avians, exactly, but discount tweets at least...


I don't know what they talk about during the day, but they seem happy. Hopefully, if they start covering films, they get into things like Song of the South or Snow White and not, say, any Hitchcock Tippy Hedren films or anything.

Here on the mantle, you can also see the thrifted glass candy dish from just a week or so ago. Yep, I just had to try to work it into the theme...


And here, there's a very similar bowl on the other side of the mantle. I've had that a while-- I think that was from the Salvation Army on the South Side.


All in all, though, I'm liking the feel of it. This is just some interim decor until I break out the Easter sheep.


For anyone who wants to check out the Big Easter Lambie Whammy from last year, and get a laugh, you can catch that here.

And if you missed Sunday's post, where we took a peek inside a 1935 knitting magazine, click here.

Hope you're having a warm and wonderful week so far!

10 comments:

Da Old Man said...

I'm waiting with bated breath for the unveiling of the Easter Sheep.

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

So pretty! Love that blue covered bowl and the birdcage...and I can't believe how cheaply you found those lamps! Nice job.

Anonymous said...

Da Old Man- What kind of bait-- clover? They like clover. :) It's going to be sheeptacular!!

Sonya- Thank you muchly! (I was actually amazed at the price on the lamps myself-- even for a thrift store, that's very cheap for working lamps!)

Anonymous said...

As the British say, "Brilliant!"
I had a day of it too....only I decorated with everything Easter today. Conquered the dining room table, over the kitchen cabinets, my big pedestal table in the living room, the top of my bookcases and did a whole vignette of Beatrix Potter pretties. Lots and lots of thrift stores finds, including all of the tableclothes. Don't you agree that the pastel colors bring so much prettiness and femininity into the home? LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Looks bright & cheery, good job!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Looks great...I'm in the mood to hit some thrift stores!

Carrie said...

The table and mantel look wonderful...I am also looking forward to the Easter decor.

Anonymous said...

From hot and heavy knits to the light and airy spring of your dining room. Are you sure you aren't a Libra or something. LOL

Think this is my favorite mantel yet. could be the lace and feminine/flowery things but I'm really loving it right now.

Anonymous said...

Really pretty tablecloth - love the glasses, too :)

akawest said...

Wow, you are the first blogger with an interesting (to me, at least), blog, who is from Pittsburgh. I live in the suburbs of Pgh..

I absolutely love your tablecloth. Everything is very pretty, but that tablecloth is gorgeous.