Treasure Box Wednesday: People Who Live in Cardboard Houses

Ah, two more rooms down, one-and-a-half to go! Christmas cheer has exploded here at Waterhouse.

Well, not quite. I mean, it starts out as Christmas grumbling because, honestly, who really wants to climb on ladders and unpack boxes after a nine- or ten-hour work day?... But then that gives way to Christmas Accomplishment. And then Accomplishment works its way into the Christmas Cheer.

It's a three-step-to-Cheer process.

So last night I got the chance to add my cardboard vintage-style village to the entryway. It's pretty much the same every year, but I love the tone it sets when you step in the door...

Warmth... nostalgia... welcome...

I exchanged the three transferware vases that regularly sit up on this ledge shelf for three more little cardboard houses, chosen to match the aquas and pinks in my entry...
We'll get back to this room shortly, but first... Remember the purple and silver dining room theme I've been working on for this year? This is the accompanying tree...
It looked pretty lame the first night I was working on it-- kind of like a sad, soggy pipecleaner collection with some sparkles on it. I had considered just taking it down and putting the lamp back that normally lives there.

But, then it seemed the more ornaments I slathered on, the better it started to look. I think that tree actually perked up!...
And now, it's preening in the mirror...
Okay, now back to the entryway... Long-time readers have probably seen this tree before-- the one that's traditionally filled with faux candy and as many ShinyBrites as it can handle...

Underneath, it gets a base of faux poinsettias, to add a little extra color...
This one, too, is reflected by a hallway mirror. I think it adds just a little extra sparkle...
ShinyBrites never cease to amaze me. They always remind me of something Dr. Seuss would have come up with...
And little elves look on, nestled in their ornament homes...
As he waves goodbye for today, so do I! If you missed Sunday's Christmas decorating post, you can catch that by clicking here.

And this Sunday, I should have the last of the decorating to show you-- unless I'm being overly ambitious in saying that. Ya never know.

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Slather on the ornaments and anything'd look fabulous! You can always tell who has some heart!

My Vintage Treasures said...

Beautiful decorations!!!
Everything looks amazing!!!

Koko said...

I love the purple Christmas tree!!




http://enikoko.blogspot.com/

RecycleCindy said...

I love seeing those old vintage Christmas ornaments. They are so cool and it reminds me of the beauty of Christmas past.

down pillow said...

Wow, so much decorating goodness - great job!