Treasure Box Wednesday: Mixed Bag o' Goodness

Been a busy couple of weeks, between finalizing the stuff that needs to get done before I can publish my novel, and helping my buddy Scoobie remove some very stubborn wallpaper from her livingroom (more on that in a future post-- the difference so far is AMAZING!). Anyway, I did manage to collect a small amount of secondhand goodies to share with you.

My favorite of which was this little green art nouveau-ish vase I found at the Goodwill in Irwin for $0.99...
I have no idea how old it is-- if it's actually from the early 1900s, if it's from the 60s or 70s, or if it's modern. But I thought the style went well with the rest of my stuff. It reminds me of tiles I've seen from around 1900.

I also snagged this hobnail jadite vase at that Goodwill for, as you can see $8...
I actually have one like this already, but in the past I've wanted to put one on my dining table and one on my mantle, so now I have a matched set.

Lastly, I uncovered this cute lusterware tea set from a local garage sale...
The owner said it was originally her mother's and it was handmade. It's got a mark from the late 60s, early 70s (I apologize, I don't recall exactly).

So that's the treasures for this week. Next week I should be able to share with you the transformation of my friend Scoobie's livingroom, from stifled with date wallpaper, to liberated and given its dignity back.

Take care and happy junkin'!

7 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

You liked out on the price of that jadeite great find!

Jenn Thorson said...

Comeca- Thanks, I thought so too-- so much jadeite I see is WAY expensive. Thanks for visiting!!

shabnamahsan said...

Hi Jenn
I just loved that green art nouveau-ish vase...congratzz that you find it for only $0.99 :)

PJ | Home and Garden Decor said...

That little green art nouveau-ish vase was a true little treasure.
99 cent? Gosh, I would even have paid way more for it if I had found it in any store.
Does it really matter if it's really old or from the 60's or 7o's?
I don't think so. All that matters is that you really like your find and it blends in well with your existing decor.
Best Regards
Paula Jo

moonstone said...

you are reallu kucky finding all this treasure.

moonstone said...

you treasure finding are very pretty.

CharityHand said...

Neat finds! I too love hunting for treasures at our Good Will. You just never know what you'll find! :)