Morning Skies and Flying Fish, er, Mammals

Just a few photos from my recent non-vacation trip to Florida I thought you would enjoy. That's the wonderful thing about nature-- the beauty of the landscape can make it look like vacation, even when it isn't.
This was taken at about 8:30am, the morning sun and cloud turning the palm trees to silhouette...
Sun behind some clouds made for a dramatic view...
There's much more sky down there than there is up north, I'm just sure of it. :)
Some dolphins followed the boat I was on, for unexpected, impressive company...
There were about six or eight, including a baby, at one point. I could hardly believe my eyes, having never seen a wild dolphin down there.
Leaping, spinning, they must celebrate the joy of the morning, every morning. For me, I need a cup of coffee before I attempt that sort of thing. But they smiled their way through their morning exercise regimen.

Clearly, you can learn a lot from a dolphin. :)
Hope you're able to jump into the week smoothly yourselves, folks!

7 comments:

Jackie Jardine said...

Lovely photos! I also love when a nice sunrise or sunset does all of the great lighting work for the shot. I recently posted a few scenic shots myself. Ah, nature. Very inspiring.

<3Jackie @ Let's Go Thrifting!
http://LetsGoThrifting.blogspot.com

Deray said...

Awww I love dolphins! and those looked really playful. It was nice of them to cheer you up a little, wasn't it? ;-)

Jenn Thorson said...

Jackie- Oh, I know, the right lighting, a few strategic clouds and suddenly it just sets its own stage.

Deray- It really made all the difference for me. I was kind of dreading the trip in some ways, now I look back on it as something surprising and oddly inspiring.

meleah rebeccah said...

these are absolutely breathtaking!

Vintage Sweetheart said...

Those photos are beautiful!

E :)

Jim said...

I cannot believe you saw a baby dolphin in the wild! I'm simply amazed by this experience and glad you shared it!

catecate said...

Nice blog! I'm a penniless italian college girl who really love vintage and fashion style. Your blog seems full of beautiful idea.
I'll follow you =)

PS. if you want take a ride on my blog, I'm at the beginning and I'll be grateful ;)