As Time Goes By


Like our friends Wallace and Gromit above, I've been busy putting in the elbow grease and catching up on a few things at home, as well as a big work project, and I'm afraid the days of the week escaped me a bit.

Somewhere in the middle of last evening I had the realization of two things.

One was that I had forgotten to prep my coffeemaker with the timer for today. And without prepping the life-giving coffee in advance I was destined for a morning of bumbling around half-asleep trying to make coffee without things like filters. Or water. Or... oh... coffee.

So there was that.

And the second thing was a moment of, "Hey, isn't tomorrow WEDNESDAY? And isn't there something I DO every Wednesday and have been doing for, like, MONTHS?"

Oh yes. Yes, indeed, there IS. Only by this point I was too sleepy to do anything about it.

So please forgive the absence of Treasure Box Wednesday today, and know that tomorrow will be the first Treasure Box Thursday. I promise not to make Treasure Box Thursday a habit.

By way of a little apology, and so as not to have dragged you all the way over here to my corner of the internet with nothing to show you, you might get a kick out of the post earlier this week on my Of Cabbages and Kings humor blog. If you were ever curious what my Real Non-Blogging Job is, you can get a funny little glimpse into it by clicking here.

Apologies again for my being tardy. I will go and sit in the corner for a while. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable clock! Does it play music at every hour, quarter hour? Please tell me it isn't that Big Ben song, that particular tune about has me scratching blackboards just to get the notes out of my head. Too many early nights at old people's houses. Bong, bong, bong, bong. Bong Bong, bong, bong. Scream!!!!!!!

Jenn Thorson said...

Chyna- It played music when its alarm goes off, as well as if you push Shaun the Sheep on the top of the clock (he's been trimmed out of the picture). The water bucket at the bottom of the clock turns a light on the clock face on.

It's a fun little gizmo. I've had it for years.

Lord, I want to be whole said...

It is adorable! I love your style of writing....I'll be back to visit again.

I got a kick out of your salad pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the clock! ;-)

I was surfing and ended up catching up with the past few postings. I envy you your romantic English style garden- I have quite a ways to go to fill my tiny yard so nicely...

Look forward to reading your update tomorrow-hope that you found some nice stuff. Did you by any chance make the Highland Park Community sale last weekend?

Jenn Thorson said...

LordIWantToBeWhole- Your sweet comment makes me feel so grateful to have readers who are so forgiving over the occasional dashed-off-in-panic post. Thanks a bunch!

JeninAspinwall- I'm still working on the garden-- it seems I just get one thing set up the way I like it, and then something dies a tragic death, or gets way bigger than I expected, etc. But that's nature for you. It's better just to roll with it-- easier on us both.

No, I didn't know about the Highland Park Community sale. That would have been great. Did you get a chance to go yourself? Can I live vicariously through your excellent finds? :)

Anonymous said...

No- I missed it too! The whole family had the stomach bug that was going around. Two sick kiddos and a cranky hubby means no finds, either. We are having the whole community yard sale this weekend, though the pickings are not usually as good in my neighborhood. ;-)

Jenn Thorson said...

Jen- Oh-- what a shame... So many folks have been down with stomach viruses lately...

You would think it being practically summer we would be done with these sorts of plagues.

Here's hoping you get to enjoy the community yard sale this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Wow I love that clock.

Like just about everyone else who's commented, I guess!

Shame you had "one of those days", you should be more organised like me.

~On second thoughts that'd be worse. ;)

Jenn Thorson said...

Jane- Geez, you folks really ARE gems, if you're just content with seeing my office's alarm clock. :)

Under normal circumstances, I am actually pretty frighteningly organized. In fact, this was the first posting day I'd missed in almost two years of blogging. :)