Treasure Box Wednesday: Look Out, East Liverpool!

We've been here before, but treasure hunters know, it's never quite the same trip twice. So Josette, Scoobie and I leapt in the car this weekend and headed to East Liverpool, Ohio and Columbiana. So come with us, too, today, and we'll take a look back at all the antiquing fun.


While the forecast had called for rain and thunderstorms, a general haze just pervaded over the day, making for decent driving. And our first stop was the Pottery City Antique Mall...

Four floors of booths awaited us-- which is why it's amazing we managed to do this in the three hours we had available for street parking!

There, Scoobie found this German Victorian vase with a cabin and landscape scene on it...


She also found a number of books, and one last red Avon Cape Cod candlestick to go with her dishes set.

Me, I uncovered this vintage souvenir pillow cover from Niagra Falls...



It reads:

To My Wife
A darling little Wife
Has made my dreams come true
She blesses all my Life
Her name is only You
You are my partner sweet
You share in all I do
And make my joy complete
By simply being You


I also found this beautifully-toned Victorian vase...



And a 1950s cardboard Christmas house with faux stucco walls...


Josette, unfortunately, left empty handed... Oh, but not for long!

Because after we had a bite of lunch and drove to Columbiana, Ohio, Josette uncovered this collectible vintage cat figurine...


And a vintage charm-style bracelet...


I found a 50s lady figurine in pink and aqua--similar in style to the ones made by Florence Ceramics I'd thrifted previously. She's already found a home in my entryway by my lamp...


At Vivian's I picked up this Depression glass refrigerator container for $2...


I snatched up this crystal Depression glass sherbet piece in the Anchor Hocking Waterford/Waffle pattern. I use this set sometimes at Christmas, but didn't have any sherbets. This piece was $0.50...


And lastly, a Victorian transferware bowl with a lady and a cherub...



At Main Street Antiques, meanwhile, Scoobie picked up these terrific Victorian game plates. These are intended to go with a Victorian Old West parlor...


With many a shop investigated, our feet tired, and the trunk of my car loaded, we turned the car for home.

Special thanks to Scoobie and Josette today for letting me photograph their goodies, and to Scoobie for taking the road-trippy pics-- thus ensuring the safety of my passengers and ALL my fellow drivers!

Well, I hope you enjoyed our little journey today!


Otherwise, perhaps I'll see you Sunday when The Thrift Shop Romantic goes on a Virtual Vacation through Vintage Postcards! TTFN !!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The green dish is so gorgeous. In all my thrifting I have rarely come across green dishes in that color. What a find!

Anonymous said...

Love the bracelet; you came away with some treasures for sure!

Unknown said...

ApronThriftGirl- Ah, I love green Depression glass, too. There's something so cheery and zingy about that color!

LivingDownEast-- Oh, my friend will be thrilled to hear that-- thank you. She wore the bracelet the remaining days she was visiting, so I think she'll get quite a lot of use out of it.

Janelle said...

I was home in Columbiana for a week and a half (just got home Sunday) but I only made it to Vivian's and didn't find anything there. Looks like you did great! I have to spend all my time at home visiting family (bah, humbug!) instead of looking for treasure.

Have you been to the Rogers sale? I did manage to score some nice stuff there!

Unknown said...

Janelle- Oh, wow-- so close to Vivians and yet so far, eh? You poor thing. No, I don't know about the Rogers sale... I'll have to look that up! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! It sure looks like you had a great time. I love the depression glass and the collectible cat. It's a good thing that I rarely get into the city because when I do I go nuts. In August I fly to my sister's and can't wait to go thrifting with her. She has all the great places on her rounds. Last year I had to ship stuff home because I had more than what either the jet or float planes would take. lol :P

Mary L. Briggs said...

You always have such great shopping trips! Hope you are having a fun summer.

R~Mary

Jenn Thorson said...

TimeThief- I didn't know you were a fellow-thrifter! How cool is that? Oh, I hope you have a great time at your sisters. I'll love to hear about any great finds you uncover. Certainly with airtravel the way it is, it's no wonder you might have to mail stuff home-- you can't take anything much on planes anymore.

Rose Mary- Ah, we did. Maybe someday you'll get to this neck of the woods-- it would be great to show you around and go junking. :)

x said...

What a cool site! I'm a thrift store junky myself! I find treasures all af the time!

smiles,
Kathy

Jenn Thorson said...

Kathy- Glad to hear you're enjoying it! :) Thanks for visiting.

Carrie said...

It's always fun to read about your shopping trips...If I were there for real, I'm sure I'd pick up somt great finds too!

Jenn Thorson said...

Carrie- Oh, I bet you would! You're great at finding goodies no matter where you go!

Hilary and Mike said...

Hi there,

We have a plate with the same transferware image as your cherub lady bowl. Something is glued to the back so we can't see any markings. I'm just wondering what the back of yours says. Of course, I guess the image could have been used by different manufacturers but it would be interesting for us to know. I think it's probably German but am not sure.

Thank you so much.

Hilary