Treasure Box Wednesday: Playing it a Little Bit McCoy

As regular readers know, I've been largely in the midst of various interiors projects at my home, Waterhouse, lately. But over the weeks I have taken a moment at lunch or on the weekend to pop by the occasional thrift store or antique mall. (All work and no play makes Jenn a dull blogger, donchaknow.)

And today, I thought I'd share my couple of accumulated finds. The most surprising was this $0.69 carnival glass marked Fenton candle holder....

The flowers on the side are handpainted, and we even know the artist, as he signed it on the inside rim!...
"Hand Painted by Corbin Wind." Thanks, Corbin! Marvelous job you did. I'll cherish it!

Another find was this McCoyesque planter. It's not marked and I can't find it in my McCoy book...
But doesn't it sure as heck look like this REAL McCoy planter my friend Josette had gotten me for Christmas one year?...
Anyway, I love them both. And the cream planter was just a few bucks. So, McCoy or no, I'm happy.

And lastly, I found another McCoy planter-- this one completely irresistible to me given its color palette and smooth design....
And at $5, I think it's a lovely addition to the collection. (Also, it looks like it's just always been in my spare room.)

So, that closes the lid on this Treasure Box Wednesday. Join me again Sunday, will you, when we (weather permitting) take a little surprise field trip?

In the meantime, enjoy that spring sunshine!

11 comments:

Heidi Ann said...

Those are such lovely finds! My favorite is the dish with the bird - I'm a sucker for birds.
Thank you for showing us your new pretties!

Jenn Thorson said...

Heidi Ann- I think it's my favorite as well. Funny how certain items just speak to you?

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Such beautiful treasures. Love the votive holder with the signature. White planter looks McCoy to me also but my favorite is the blue one with the bird. It is beyond sweet, cute, adorable, I could go on and on. Great buy!!

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

My fave is the bird planter as well, I love anything with birds and the colors don't hurt either!!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Very pretty items and I too like the bird dish the most!
Debbie

Unknown said...

I bought that same McCoy-esque planter at a thrift store the other day! Ha, I was going to send you an email to see if you knew anything about it. :)

Lois said...

Hi Jenn!
I like the bird dish....very pretty!
I also like the candle holder. Such lovely colours!
Lois

Jenn Thorson said...

Linda- Thank you. It's funny with so many of us so fond of the bird planter, that no one had snapped it up at the antique mall for it's low price. It WAS on the top floor, so maybe fewer people made it up that far.

Ms. B- Color makes such a huge difference, doesn't it?

Debbie- Hey, thanks for stopping by!

Della- Really? Well, I'm glad it came up then! It sure LOOKS like McCoy. But the verdict is still out.

Lois- Hey, I hope you have yourself a good week.

Cynthia L. said...

Boy, did you get some good finds! I have been wanting to go to the Fiesta shop for a while, just haven't taken the time. I have to say that I love the Fenton pc. I have a few pcs. of Fenton and just love them. Since you are in PA, you could take a trip to the Fiesta factory that is in WV. It is just on the other side of the Ohio River from Marietta, OH. My daughter and I went there and loved it.

Jenn Thorson said...

Cynthia- Ah, you'll want to check out the post here then!-- My Fiesta trip!--
http://thriftshopromantic.blogspot.com/2010/03/field-trip-serving-up-style-at-fiesta.html

Jennifer said...

I adore the mccoy with the pink bird, so sweet. Today I checked out a new place, Red, White, & Blue Thrift in my area, huge store, like the size of the typical Goodwill. I picked up 2 vintage tablecloths for 2.95 each, a McCoy planter in excellent condition for 95 CENTS 9!! Shallow dish-like, looks like little waves in the design, in that gorgeous blue green. Also found a Napco planter, again in excellent condition, 1.95 $. Good scores!